HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - land owners
Thread: land owners
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Mastevt
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: land owners

here in MO. landowners with more than 75 acres in a single tract can get up to three tags at no cost depending on areayoulive in.1 anydeer, 2 anterless.. This includeds everone in the household who is a family member. Landowners who have less than that can also recieve no cost tags, and tags vary in number depending on where you live. As for the game wardens searching your property, yes they can search without a warrant, with probable cause as said before. However, if your legal, then there's nothing to worry about. I hunt legally, and therefore don't have a problem with it. I even know my game wardens personally, I even hunt with a MO. conservation employee. We have serious problems with poachers and roadhunters near my land, and so we (friends and I) stay in touch with them during hunting season. They are seriously out numbered and need all the help we can give them. All ofus should apprieciate the efforts they do everyday. It's a very dangerous job, even more than a police officer. Practically everone the game warden encounters will be armed. That can't be said for our cops in blue. If someone is upset by the powers they have, it's probably due to something illegal hehas done, and doesn't want to get caught. As for your weapon of choice, check your local states laws,or better yet, call your local game officer and introduce yourself, he'll be glad to know you. Remember, ignorance is no excuse for the law as far as they are conserned. good luck.