HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sabotloader bullet/sabot combos
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:02 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: sabotloader bullet/sabot combos

There are a couple people on these forums that really know their stuff when it comes to sabots and bullets. I respect their opinions and information a great deal. Sabotloader is one of them. He is a great source of ballistic information and bullet performance information. Quite some time back while talking with him I got started on the .458 diameter bullets. I have not tried as many different combinations as he has, but the ones I settled on give me some extreme accuracy and down range thump. Nosler, Barnes, and a few other brands make some excellent high quality accurate hunting loads. I just wish they were cheaper soa fellow could play with them more without breaking the bank. When a single projectile pushes the dollar a pop mark, it just causes me to dig my heels in. Maybe that's why I do not shoot Powerbelts anymore. I spent a small fortune shooting them off. Barnes Expanders are another bullet. Accuracy is outstanding with them. Down range performance from what some have told me on this forum is fantastic. But they are a work up a load and then hunt with them only bullet also.

Maybe after I hit the lottery, I will get a box or two of every brand out there and really have some fun...