HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moutain Lion in Western NY?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Bill Yox

Default RE: Moutain Lion in Western NY?

Sylvan, I spoke to those people from the silly cougar project awhile back. A very "interesting" chat indeed. To talk to them, you might think you overheard Elvis talking to Bigfoot in the background. NOTHING is true, its all phoney. Youd think they thought XFiles was a real show. They were nice, no doubt, but bordering on...well, you get what Im saying.

You know, back when I didnt know anyone, or have doors opened to me, it was so nice to be naive and to assume things. Nowadays, I read all the silly hunting rags and papers from NY state, etc, anyone with a laptop and an extra half hour at lunch (expert) and its such BS. People will print anything they can get their hands on, no substantiating, no nothing. It was the same with the CWD issue over the summer. I have lost all respect and interest in most of the printed crap because of it, too. Example, will finding a paw print from a lion, or a "reliable" sighting make that lion wild, native, and prospering? It will still be questionable, as we have already beat to death the escaped captive issue already.

Sylvan, Im with you. I wish they WERE here, naturally and wild, but I doubt it.