HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - t/c black diamond xr
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:32 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: t/c black diamond xr

First off.. that's a heck of a price on a great rifle. I have a Black Diamond XR but not Stainless.. and I paid a lot more then $125.00 for it too..[] Oh well, they are a great rifle.

Just some words of advise on the Diamond. Watch your breech plug. They like to tighten so grease it good. Finger tight when you put it in and then back it off just a touch. Every seven to ten shots take that worthless wrench they gave you with the rifle and give it a twist back and fourth to make sure it is not seizing. If your done shooting for the day and it is a long drive home from the range or field, take the thing out... you will be very glad you did if you ever get one stuck. (Can you tell I am talking from experience here..)

If you want a better breech plug wrench, they make one. It is a Black Diamond Deluxe Breech plug wrench. It works a lot better for REMOVING the breech plug but not for checking it on the range. There you still need that one that came with the rifle. Also a long socket and extension will slip right in to the breech and you can take it out with a 7/16th socket (I believe it is).

On your locking lugs there are two small washers. Do not loose them. Roskoe I think it was suggested glue them in place. I just have not done that yet. But it is a good idea. You loose one and you set everything off balance. Also when you bench rest it, shoot off the fore arm and not the barrel. The barrel is free floating.

Over all you will be amazed at the accuracy that the rifle can produce. I shoot a lot of different projectiles. The Shockwaves shoot excellent out of the rifle, as do conicals of all wonderful surprises.... Good luck with your rifle and let us know if there is anything we can help you out with. A lot of Black Diamond owners on this board!!