HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 09:41 AM
deerslayer223
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

I scored unfortunately it was with a gun so i can't enter it for us. But u guys are all like a bunch of brothers to me so i figured i'd fill ya in on my good fortune today. I decided just to stand at my cabin today and watch a clover field well about 6:45 i see a lone deer feeding along the far edge of the field near a thicket but it was to dark to tell clearly what it was so i had 2 just watch and hope well time progresses to about 6:55 and he turned to look at me and i saw a rack so i beared down held a little high cuz i ranged it and it said it was 317ydand Isqueezed one off. fire flew and the deer jumped but to my suprise he came running right at me and i lost him than i thought i saw him standing there again so i was like what the heck so i dropped down and squeezed another one off only to discover i shot a pine tree thinking it was my deer lol. Well i waited till about 7:15 and decided i was going to drive up to where i last saw it and check for sign well i looked over in the field and there he layed 10ft from where i last saw him. I walked over to him and slipped and fell in a ditch and pulled my groin [:@]OUCH. I than called my father at work to tell him of my good fortune than i checked him out. He's no monster he's a 4pt but he has some nice beam length and will probably score around 45-50inches or so. I made a good shot on him clipping both lungs bit he was at a angle quartering to me a bit and my bullet exited through the stomach. He was a nasty mess to gut and smelled terrbile. Than came the task of dragging Try dragging a deer with a pulled groin ouchey ouchey lol i couldnt even barely walk let alone drag a deer but i managed to get it to the truck. But loading it forget about that that didn't work out to well. I called my sisters boyfriend because he was off to hunt also and he came and loaded it for me. He's not the biggest buck around but I couldn't be more proud of him though . I worked really had to get a buck this year and it finally payed off. I wish i coulda got him with a bow for us fella's but sometimes thats how things fall together. Funny part is i shot him about 20yds from my archery spot [&:]man if he just woulda decided to do this a few weeks earlier i'd be adding to our total. I wish all you guys alot of luck. You're all a bunch of grade A fella's and u all deserve a buck. Good luck boys! Ill post a picture once i get em developed if you guys don't mind?