HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binds vs. Tree Stands
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:14 PM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Binds vs. Tree Stands

1. It keeps the wind off and helps with scent control.
I agree with a blind helping keep the wind off but when hunting a blind you still need to pay attention to wind direction. IMO scent control iseasier in an elevated tree stand because your scent is already above a deers nose.

2. It keeps the rain/snow off.
I agree 100%. Ihave a portable umbrella that I caninstallwhilein my tree stand that will keep me dry enough to stay in the stand comfortably.

3. If you are still, you canmove without being detected.
Do not agree with that at all. How can you be still but yet move? I have made moves in a tree stand before, at bow ranges in order to take a shot.

4. They are alot easier to setup/move than a stand
This is personal opinion. I have a climbing stand that I can carry in and out with me, climb to my desired height with very little trouble. I also have used hang on stands with climbing sticks and they work well too. Once you learn how to hang tree stands it becomes easier.

I will also agree with you that a blind is an excellent way to take your kids with you hunting. I have a two man ladder stand that I use when I want to take my 6 year old son hunting with me. It is very easy for him to get into, is safeand he enjoys hunting out of a tree like daddy! Everyone has their own style of hunting but I most definately prefer to hunt from a tree!