HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what the hell is going on
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Murph999

Default what the hell is going on

I have gone hunting the past 2 weekends and shot 2 bucks.......see the problem is that i never found any of them. My gun is sighten in dead on, and im hittin them and theyy bleeding like crazy but i never find them. The second one i shot there was snow so i could see the blood easier, and it was all over the place. I have a 30-30 and it was a 40 yard broadside shot. there blood in huge anounts, blood squirts all over.....i tacked it for 3 miles bleeding like this and then it started snowing heavy and covered up his tracks, 2 MILESSSS. how can a deer bleed like that and survive, and what did i hit that hes bleeding like that but not going down within a few hundred yards. i even found a bed he was in, and it was covered in blood it was ridiculous and nope he wasnt dead.I dont know.......i feel bad now, it was a spike and the way it was bleeding it was going to die and im confident it did,but the snow covered it up and i couldnt find him. well i needed to vent, any idea on where i placed the shot that he was bleeding like crazy and squirting blood but kept goin for miles......???