HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best way to stop poachers??
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best way to stop poachers??

How many hours can you record with a vidcam these days? I know my older Sony has a NightShot mode that really records a high def B&W.

Any chance you could actually catch one of them on vid from your side of the fence? Even if they have other guys tags for them, if it is illegal for one guy to shoot more than 1 buck - you might have something really good on them.

Maybe leave the stand on the fenceline alone and let them feel as comfortable as possible using it. Heck plant a food plot over there. Idea is to set the trap.

I hate guys like that and I really, really hope that you do (or can get) something done about it.

It might not hurt to LET THEM KNOW that you and your party are by the book, and always look for opportunities to turn in violators. And look 'em square in the eye while saying it. Who cares if they feel accused, it's time to stop the charade. like you said, they don't like you and you don't like them.

I'd definately make the call to your conservation folks - now. Let them know you're very concerned and if there's anything you can do for them you'll be around.