HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dead deer in public view???
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

im going to go off on a limb and say that most "rednecks" DONT do the displaying...seems to me its the "weekend warriors" that do it....the guys that think they are kingof the world for killing a deer...one of the very few they ever killed....usually driving a nice SUV or maybe a nice older model that they kept for going to their "camp" or mansion on the lake lol.....usually tie it ontop of the roof or to a hitch hauler......me and my buddies can very easily be classifieded as rednecks...hicks...whatever.....we dont do stuff like that.....throw them inthe pickup bed and back to the farm they go.....only people we care to show is eachother.....i drive an suv.....inside is NICE....i hate to get that thing muddy or bloody.....but when i shot em they go in there.......a tarp cost my like...3 or 4 bucks TOPS.....fold down the backseat and throw them in and wrap them up......when i talk about rednecks not doing it i dont know of thats everywhere.....but it just seems like around here its the opposite....but i do have a buddy that tied JUST the deer antlers to the front of his truck...i have a turkey beard and spurs hanging from my rear view.....which started a trend andi saw a few more go in windows at school....but none look as nice as mine......but other then that thats all the displaying....i dont even like to hang them at home in view of anyone else.....my first deer.....a dang doe brought to much attention for me..and it was rather hidden in the backyard! just all the neighbors noticed and had to come see.......was a giant doe though! lol.....i dont like the public display either....leaves a salty taste in my mouth.....just doesnt need to be done.....and can very easily make people change their views.....i know if i didnt hunt and didnt know anything about it id be pretty grossed out when a truck with blood dripping off and a gutted bambi on the roof passed me.........