HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - can call / doe in estrous call
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can call / doe in estrous call

funny thing is that years before the can came out you could go into a novelty store and buy the same can type thing that was called a cow caller. it made the same meooew noise when you tuned it over. i think it may just be curiousity that may change a deers movement or what some may say CALL THEM IN again if the competition is fierce during the rut and ratios are closer to 1 to 1 it might work. heck i know a guy that swears a single cough or cigarette smoke calls deer in. i dont think thats the case i think its just that when you create a short odd sound that catchs the deer off moment he cant tell where it came from so the deer starts moving. sometimnes in the direction of the hunter. this happens with gunshots from time to time. i had it happen with my rifle. the deer after shooting ran right twords me. muzzleoaders throw sound kinda strange too. if the deer cant pinpoint where exactly the noise came from he still has to skee- daddle somewhere anyway. if your lucky it can be to you i should become a writer for these magazines but then again i wouldnt have too many sponsors[8D]