HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moutain Lion in Western NY?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Rwalter63

Default Moutain Lion in Western NY?

Alright I know this is a sore topic with some and I am probably opening up a can of worms here but here goes. There has been a report by several hunters in the Hamburg, NY area that they have seen a mountain lion in Hamburg. It appears a large animal also attacked a bow hunters deer decoy. Now I am not saying I believe it or not but here is a copy of the news article reported by television station WKBW Chanel 7 in Buffalo.
More signs of possible mountain[/b] lion[/b] in southtowns

www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx%3FNStoryID%3D7559+mountain+lion+hamburg ,+ny&hl=en]http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:OjLz7tafsUoJ:www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx%3FNStoryID%3D7559+mountain+lion+hamburg ,+ny&hl=en[/url]

"Nov 11, 2005 - There hasn't been a recent sighting, but there's another sign that something unusual is wondering around in the southtowns - possibly a cougar or a mountain[/b] lion[/b].

A deer decoy used for archery target practice in the woods in Hamburg[/b] appears to have been attacked by some kind of large animal The Erie County SPCA is investigating and the experts say it certainly appears from all the evidence and sightings so far that some kind of animal not normally seen here has moved in.

“Whatever hit this, hit it really hard, and would probably have had to get up to speed to do it,” said Joel Thomas, a wildlife expert.

Last week a group of hunters claimed they saw a big cat in the woods near the Village Green Nursery in Hamburg[/b]. So far no ones been able to positively identify the animal. "

So what have you guys in the southern tier by seeing?