HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Close encounter of the Animal Kind.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 08:32 AM
horntagger

Default Close encounter of the Animal Kind.

What has been the closet you have been to game animals.

1. First gun season was sitting in a hollow out tree what was left heard something behind me stuck my head out and was about 4 feet away from a forkhorn buck.

2. First time bowhunting ever had a 8 point buck walk up to the stump I was sitting on then move around and step across my leg and brush the broadhead. Ended up shooting the spike buck with him at 15 feet.

3. Wild Turkey hen's two different spring season same area had one pulling on the shiny part of my shoe string and bumping her head on the barrel of the shotgun.

Second hen second season keep looking down the barrel of the gun even to the point of stiking the beak inside the barrel.

4. Smaller animal had a chipmunk keep going under my leg while bowhunting. After I was done got up and move leave not one whole to be found. Just amazed me.

5. While bowhunting had a squirrel coming down the tree stuff falling on me until it was super close but had no ideal how close until I felt the weit of two feet one at a time on my hat.

6. Have had little birds land on my shaft, and boots while hunting over the years.

How about you whats you favorite stories.

Host of The Missouri Sportsmen's Radio Show

www.mosportsmen.com