HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - problem with sight-in Nikon 3x9x40 Prostaff
Old 11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
khuengo

Default problem with sight-in Nikon 3x9x40 Prostaff

Hello guys, I got a big problem, please help me
I just put new Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 scope on my brand new CVA Hunterbolt .50cal using Leupold Mid Height Scopering and base. I began to sight-in at 25 yards using a very solid base shooting rest. The first shot was 4 inches low, no left-right windage. According to the Nikon manual, 1 div on the elevation equal to 1/4 MOA and 1 MOA at the 100 yards equal to 1 inch, then I should dial Up 16 div's to compensate for the low, right? I did try with 8 div's to see what was going on then shot the next round. It was still a hole on the paper right next to the first one. Then I dialed another 8 div's then shot, still got a hole right next to the first and second shot. I was amaze about the tight group but was so dispointed with the elevation dial. I then dialed Up another 8 div's then shot, still got a hole again right next to the other three. It seems to me that the elevation dial does not work at all. Have any of you guys got that problem? Did I do anything wrong? Do you have any suggestions? Please help me. The deer season is about to start in 5 days. I got allmost everything prepared for this exept this scope thing.
Thank a lot, I learnt a lot from this Black Powder forum and you guys are fantastic.
khuengo