HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bullets
Thread: bullets
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 12:18 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: bullets

ORIGINAL: kbick

im shooting a thompson balck diamond 50 caliber in line.for anyone who has one,would that built work for my gun?
The XTP shoot fine out of the Black Diamond XR I have. I shoot them with 100 grains of Goex 2f. I think you might have better luck shooting the 250 grain Shockwaves.

My Black Diamond XR really likes the Shockwaves in both the 200 & 250 grain. Be sure and get the Thompson Center Shockwaves, I tried the Hornady SST and must have had the wrong sabot the first time I tried them and had a terrible time shooting them. I went to the Thompson Center Shockwaves and have never had a problem.

That group was shot off a bench rest at 50 yards with 100 grains of loose Triple Se7en and 250 grain Shockwaves. As most will tell you, Shockwaves are a real deer taker. Also this load would be good to even extreme distances if you need to shoot longer range....

Another bullet that shoots well for me is the 375 grain Buffalo Bullet SSB sabot. I shoot them with 100 grains of Goex 2f and their accuracy is exceptional. Also since they are a pure lead bullet, they have some excellent results when hitting animals. I know another Black Diamond shooter that uses the SSB's on elk.