HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread
Old 11-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Mike Hill
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

WELL I hit a nice buck tonight it was about 3:40 PM and all of a sudden he was right there in front of me I grabed my bow and stood up real fast (stupid me) but he didn't see me thank god but he looked at me while I was standing there and for 15 min he watched me as he walked towards me so slow (don't ya hate that) any way I guess he figured I was a good tree and he turned to walk back and I drew and shot. I had to rush the shot cause I had this branch that I have been saying since opening day I need to cut but didn't in my way. I think I hit him a little far back. so I figured I'd wait until 4:00 and get down and look at my arrow and figure out what to do then. Well about 3:55 I caught movement comming from where the buck went. It was a buck but I coulden't tell if it was the same deer or not. The second one seemed bigger. He stayed 50 yards out in some thick stuff so there was no chance of a second shot. At 4:20 I got down out of my tree stand and went to find my arrow. I looked for a while and coulden't find it. But there was a lot of blood. I followed it for 60 or 70 yards and found 3/4 of my arrow from the fletch to the nock was missing. It didn't appear to have any gut on it. Any way it was starting to get dark so I got out of there I will take a stand in the morning till 9:00AM and see if I can find it after that. Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. I know I can't enter it cause I already have one entered but its still exciting. Gonna be hard to sleep tonight.