HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer activity in Ma.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 12:25 PM
DeerReeper28

Default RE: Deer activity in Ma.

Ranger 10 , i dont know you but yes i did go there for a couple years. Well I hit it again this morning, was out there before first light. Hung in my stand til an hour after light. Then decided to go on foot, it was windy.I sat at the base of a treein an area that had alot of action last year. I wasnt there 10 min andended up seeing a spike nose to the ground 40-50 yards out, tried calling him in, he either didnt care or didnt hear it. then i saw him going back the other way about 50 yards out chasing a doe. Then 10 min later i see another doe coming from the same way the others did being trailed by a nice 8 point, i think i have one of his sheds from a last year. than another 10 min another doe came through. They crossed all about the same place but none would respond to my can or grunt. So i figured i would get a better seat, i moved within 20 yards from where they all crossed, hung for a half hour and had to get out, i think the show was over anyway. Ill get back out there again in a better spot within a couple days. All deer were trotting along like they were on a mission, they were hot. The rut is coming quick.