HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BIG BUCK HIT...NEED ADVICE FAST !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:57 AM
DoubleLung55
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BIG BUCK HIT...NEED ADVICE FAST !!!

That sucks real bad that you had that brute taken like taht ....we have had that happen twice if i can remember , only with doe , so it didnt piss us off to that extent....

One time i can recall goin with my dad when i was still unable to hunt , he put 2 heart/lung shots into a 7 pointer up at our cabin on first day of gun season here in PA , well it gets so packed in teh woods if u dont drop it say goodbye to ur buck, well it makes it to the top of the hill , and BAM a guy shoots it , it turned and came back down hill to us , this time with our 2 vital hits and his gutshot in it , so my dad popped it again only in the neck as it leaned on a tree , dropping the deer in its tracks , so we get up and walk over to it , just so happens the guy that shot him in the guts is there already starting to fill out his tag !!!!! my dad said " so can i help you" and the guy is like yea not a bad buck i got here ey? my dad chuckled and began to point out our 3 vital hits , one in which it dropped , then showed the man how his gutshot was the only hole that entered on his side of the deer that he was aiming at , well after we showed him this he appologized and walked away , but u could tell he was a newbie to hunting , just the way he carried himself , o well i guess we got the buck at the end so it was fine....

But what really took the cake was 2 bow seasons ago my buddy put an arrow into the back ham of a bruiser , well we let him lay up for a long time , thinking he hit the phemoral artery in the ham..... well we get on teh blood and follow it for about 120 yards , and there we find , not more then 4 hrs after the shot , a dead deer , HUGE HUGE body , very muscular with a dark coat , the same at the one he had shot , this one with a hole in the back right ham . his arrow had broken off , and killed the deer form the hit , but some passer by felt necessary to simply cut the head off the buck and leave the rest lay!!!!!!!!! how crappy is that ? i find so many deer around per gun season with heads cut off that it makes me sick!!!! but those r just my personal experiences with theifs.....