HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BIG BUCK HIT...NEED ADVICE FAST !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 PM
upgsoccer16

Default BIG BUCK HIT...NEED ADVICE FAST !!!

okay heres the deal... my bro shot a MONSTER tonight... i mean a monster.. i have seen pictures of this buck on our game cameras and it is at least a 20 " 10 pt with a set on incredably long G2's (12-14 inches) just a monster...now heres where we need some advice.. he shot it at 10 yrds with not the greatest bow and made a good shot around the shoulder area.. i wasnt with him but thats where he says ( and hes a good shot so im gonna take his word for it ) but he didnt go all the way through.. hesaw the buck run about 50 yrds and stop and he could see the arrow still in him...about 9 inch penetration..so we gave him 2 hrs to lay down and die...so tonight we were tracking him and without an exit wound i thought the blood was pretty descent.. so we track him for about 100 yrds till we get to a feild and then the blood just stops... i mean stops.. i looked for at least 2 hours and not a speck of blood in the field.. we found the arrow and confirmed that he had at least 9 inches of penetration, but we cant find his deer.. i mean he bled real good for the 100 yrds and then it just stopped like some1 put a cork in him.. and that was the end of it.. i would hate to see such a monster go unfound.. we need some help !!!!!!!!!!!!