HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Don't know what to do...
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Michelles_Taxidermy

Default Don't know what to do...

This is kinda complicated but please bare with me.

I hang out at a deer processor durring hunting season and their are two deer skinners their. One of them hates me and I don't know why. The other one is a pretty nice guy and he shot a 16 point and asked me to mount it for him.

Well I left early on Thu night and came back friday evening and the deer skinner that doesn't like me wasn't their but the nice one was and so was his dad and mom ( hang out up their all the time). The dad made the comment that him and his son caught a bunch of flack from The deer skinner that doesn't like me becasue he brought me the 16 point. I was told by both of them that the deer skinner that doesn't like me was telling everyone that I was a novice taxidermist and that I didn't know what I was doing. I am absolutly positive he was saying other crap about me but I wasn't told this. I found out today that he was running his mouth other places and kinda turning potential customers away from wanting to try me. The funny thing is " HE HAS NEVER SEEN ANY OF MY WORK IN PERSON" . I have showed him a few pictures and thats it. He is the ONLY person I know that has said that they don't care for my work.

The deal is he has a taxidermist that does excellent work and has won some awards in the past. Some how the deer skinner is convinced that if you havn't won any awards or your not a GTA Member than you ain't sh**. So the deer skinner who doesn't like me is taking buisness away from me. I have never seen him do this but I have a very strong feeling it is going on. I think that when someone comes up to the processor asking me to mount their deer and I am not up their he is pushing them to his Taxidermist.[/align]