HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega Owner Confused and disappointed please help
Old 11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Sabre03

Default Omega Owner Confused and disappointed please help

hey guys I really neeed help. In the last 2 days I have shot about 45 rounds through my brand new 50cal laminated thumbhole stock sst. I can not get this thing to group worth a darn at 50 yards. I use a wet patch and dry patch between every shot. my setup is winchester primers, BlackMag3 90-100 gr I have tried both with no change and I'm shooting 250gr shockwaves. I have also tried 245 gr powerbelts. Sometimes I hit dead nuts where I'm aiming and other times I'm 6 inches away. Here is an example from today. 1st shot is dead nuts. 2nd shot is 6 inches to the right. 3rd shot is 6 inches to the left. 4th and 5th shot touch the 1st shot. 6th shot is 5 inches high to the right. 7th shot is 2 inches to the left. 8th shot is2 inches high andto the right. 9th shot is 5 inches high and to the right. Now if your able to follow all that, why is it I can't shot 3 shoots in a row that will all touch or at least be close. I get one right on, then the next 2 will be here and there with no rhyme or reason. I shot off of a solid table, using a gun vise. I squeeze the trigger very slow and really concentrate. at this point my smooth bore shotgun groups more consistently at 75 yards, than this does at 50 I'm hoping to hunt with my muzzleloader this year but at this point I don't feel good about the accuracy.
please help I'm now lost.