HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:45 AM
uphunter15
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

Made it out yesterday morning and hit my new stand sight where the 9 pt. has been seen. I didn't see a deer the whole morning but did a a coyote come in behind me 30 yards away. I made some squeeking noise with my mouth and stopped him, he turned around and stopped agiain in the only opening I could really see him in. I squeeked some more but he just scent checked the air and made his way into the swamp. If he would only have come in front of me he would have been eating a Rocky Mountain Snyper. This is the first coyote I have ever seen on our property in all the years I have been hunting there. We see them all the time on my in-laws property, a hour away from this one. The woods got unbelievably quiet when he came running through. It was cool to see but I don't want them hanging around!!!

Did do a little scouting and made a couple mock scrapes. Found 2 scrapes and only one rub, a very non productive year for sign which is unusual. Will be going out tonight and sitting one of the mock scrapes, hope to see something!!!! We did get a lot of rain and a little snow this morning that turned to sleet so the should be moving.