HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Drippers???
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 AM
BHunter32
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent Drippers???

I killed a nice buck on halloween evening using a scrape dripper. Before hunting my spot, I found 3 scrapes down the trail behing me and made a mock scrape underneath an overhanging limb about 15 yards from my stand. I was hoping to tick him off. When I put it up, I used latex gloves so as not to leave any scent and made the scrape pretty big so as to be seen. I used wildlife research active scrape in the dripper and left the area alone about 4 days. On halloween evening I snuck in to hunt and took a look at the scrape and they had been hitting it hard. At 5:30 I shot a 180 pound 10 point standing right in the middle of my scrape and he was licking the dripper and moving it around with his nose when I nailed him. You should of seen it, it was awesome. He was an old grey faced fighter who had 3 times busted off, and both of his ears were tore up bad. If not for this, he would be going on the wall. I couldn't find my arrow that night, so I waited a day, then me and my wife went back to look for it. On my way in to the stand, I saw another shooter standing right in the middle of my scrape. So in my opinion, they worked great for me. Try one, and good luck.