HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are your broadheads NOT hitting the same spot as your field points?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:49 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are your broadheads NOT hitting the same spot as your field points?

Good post with good advice. I agree with Paul though, that sometimes you must move the rest in the opposite direction as seems logical to get the results you want. I also think the process seems easier with some bows than others. If you can bare shaft tune the bow to shoot the arrow straight, broadhead arrows should fly well with adequate vane control. I know some people that shoot very well still claim that if you set up to shoot BH and FP together, it is a "compromise" or "halfway" tune. I can't think of any reason why a broadhead tipped arrow would shoot/fly/group any better than if it comes off the bow straight and clean. If so, the only thing that shoud affect it would be arrow misalignment or inconsistency. If the broadhead tipped arrow is coming off straight and clean and flying true, what would make a field tip arrow not fly in pretty much the same place? I'm not talking about minute differences in impact caused by FOC differences or drag from broadhead blades, but being a few to several inches off. I know that many 3D/target guys claim better accuracy when an arrow is coming off the bow with "attitude" and that a straight arrow is like throwing a knuckleball. Not sure I agree, but I can see the point. If you really have a bow tuned to shoot broadheads well, field points of equal weight should follow, within reason. Tuning FPs to the utmost accuracy may be a different game though.