HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - drips & mock scrapes
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 09:58 AM
bigbuckOO
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drips & mock scrapes

Yeah they work. I have used them for the past 3 years. I put one up on Thursday and on Friday morning i had a doe come in and spot it, stand in it, and try to sniff the dripper. She messed around in it for a good 5 minutes or so before moving on. Yesterday afternoon i moved the dripper over to a different scrape i had made and i checked it this morning and there are prints all over it. I have watched bucks and does both work these scrapes with the dripper over the last few years.

Make sure you put your scrape in an area where a buck would likely scrape. If you have rubs around or other real scrapes, that would be a good sign. I normally put them in the woods along major deer travel routes. I dont mess with setting up along field edges. I have found these to be less productive. Find a tree with branches hanging down and make your scrape under it. Make it about 4 feet long, 3 feet wide. Make sure you are odor free, wear gloves, and use a stick to make the scrape. I also like to find big trees in the area where i scrape, then i take a knife or any other sharp object and make mock rubs. The doe i seen yesterday was brought in by the rubs, i could tell when she spotted them, it was pretty cool. Good luck. By the way, the package that comes with that dripper and the 4 oz active scent is a great deal. A dripper by itself is around 15 bucks, and 1 oz of scent is normally around 5. I paid 20 for 4 oz active scrape and the dripper.