HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Monster Va. Buck
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
davester

Default Monster Va. Buck

The rut hit hard here today in Virginia. Were going to have a frost tonight! I got in my stand at about 4:00 today and in about 10 minutes had two buttons under menearan acorn raining oak tree. After they moved on I grunted anda four pointer appeared behind me. This four was BIG and didn't have any brow tines! So I let him have it( I think he needed to be taken out of the gene pool!) Then after he died (clean shot) a few does crested the ridge so I grunted! Man you won't believe the monster eightthat busted threw and stopped right were I had just shot the four! Luckily I had alreadyrecocked my crossbow and snap I put one right threw his chest! He didn't even run out of view and stumbled over. Well thats it, one of my most exciting hunts. Yes it's now legal for anyoneto use crossbow in Va., Thanks Fish and Game or whomever decided on that one. I've already harvested five. Anyways he's at least 180 pounds anA-typical eight point withboth antlers identical, he's got mass, high tines, wide spread, I could'nt of dreamed of a better buck. I'm leading the big buck contest at my butchers facility. I hope all of you get lucky this year, remember to use estrus on scent cottons, and grunt!!
Dave Stevens
P.S. I'll post pics later my butcher took them!! "Gadell's in Catlett"