HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Minnesota????
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 07:40 PM
MNpurple

Default RE: Minnesota????

Handles, nono no, you are confused. When I look straight EastI see Gods only mistake! When did you student teach at LaCrescent, that is where i graduated from in '97.

In my opinion, Minnesota'sBiggest problem is continuing to hold the gun season right in the middle of the rut!! I hunt the 3B season which starts the 19th I believe this year, a week or two after the rest of the state and I see almost no rutting activity. The rest of the state, and the 3A season byme is holdingthe gun season right when bucks are running stupid. We have all these young bucks running stupid and then throw in the brown/down philosophy and of course we are loosing a majority of our bucks at 1.5 years old. They never have a chance to get old. None of the other states around us have a gun season in the middle of the rut and have you noticed these states are holding steady or have passed us by in the Booner and P&Y rankings. Because they dont harvest their deer when they are their most vulnerable. Look at Iowa, we have just as good of deer habitat as them but they produce consistently bigger deer, because they hold their gun season after the rut.

I know its easier said than done to change seasons because of all the family traditions, I have that too, but if we want more, bigger deer.......let them breed and then hunt them.