HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:33 PM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

My personal opinion is Hoyt risers are better than anyone else's. This is strictly my OPINION. The truss style by its nature is stronger and stands to reason.
Serious question here. I don't doubt your contention at all, muzzyman. The thought just hit me though, as I was reading your post. We're all familiar with the fact that modern top-notch bows shoot better than we humans are able to (e.g., put any top-end bow in a Hooter Shooter and it will put numerous arrows through the same hole). To that point, then, how strong does a riser need to be? I mean, all of mine have stood up to the rigors of hunting... and if they're all strong enough to handle the stresses of shooting, hunting, etc., does it matter if one certain riser design is stiffer/stronger?

It's sort of like overkill after a point: Like a nylon strap that a harness maker might use which is rated to 6,000 lbs. vs. one that's rated to 8,000 lbs. I know, someone's gonna say why take chances with your life... that's not the point. Hopefully the analogy makes sense since I don't think anyone's going to get close to putting 6,000 lbs. of pressure on a harness.

Any thoughts?

Bingo !
we all have been shooting bows for many, many years, and i dont think anyone has ever had a riser fail, or limb pockets.
These are marketing ploys to get you to buy a new bow.
It comes down to how a bow feels when you use it, and in my opinion hoyt sucks in that department. Noisy, vibrates like hell, no valley, not near the top of my list as a good shooting ( feeling) bow.