HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cant kill a buck!!!? what am i doing wrong?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 AM
SyPTo
Fork Horn

Default RE: cant kill a buck!!!? what am i doing wrong?

i spray myself with scent away while i'm getting dressed (i'm not actually spraying on skin) just layered over clothes including my boots and socks then walk to my stand , this is my very first year hunting deer and i guess i have been very lucky as the first deer taken by me last week was a 80 lb spike.

i'm not sure if it really helps to put it on your boots , but it makes me feel alot more comfortable to know that i did everything to keep my scent down with just gives me piece of mind, plus the buck i show came downwind from me and never even smelled anything i think.. other then the buck-snort that was on the tree about 10 yards away from the tree stand.

that's where he went right after he came out of the woods...here like alot of places i can't hunt over corn piles so we have to do it different here.all i know is the scent away stuff gives me alot of peice of mind for $ 5 ,- and i feel it's more then worth it. confidence plays a part too i personally think.