HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cant kill a buck!!!? what am i doing wrong?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Born2Killdeer

Default cant kill a buck!!!? what am i doing wrong?

this is only my 3rd year deer huntint. my first year i killed alot of does and seen 5 nice bucks. my first day ever my arrow slipped and 3 really nice bucks ran out of the corn pile. the same year i got buck fever and missed a nice 8pt, and also missed a nice 10pt cause i bumped the scope and it was shootin 6ft off. last year i didn't even see one buck besides a few spikes. this year im ready. i got a new scope, corn feeders and everything. but still, all im seeing is does. im huntin the wind right. i got my stand set up about 30 yds fron the corn pile. i see alot of does and spikes but i dont see bucks anymore like i did my first year hunting? i just dont understand it. i really want to get my first buck this year and im willing to do whatever it takes to get what ive been tring so hard for. but it seems like everybody else is seeing bucks but me. im hunting on my uncles land which is about 150acres. people have told me to get off the cord pile and get about 100-200 yds closer to the bedding area off the trail. well, i dont know where the bedding area is...there is so many cutovers around here i dont know which one they are coming from. i tried following the trail but it seems the trails split and i dont know which one to follow. i havn't seen any sign of rubs in the area but i know there has got to be at least a 4pt in the area somewhere. if i could just get a shot on a 4pt i would be happy. then i could set higher goals. mabey someone could tell me what im doing wrong.

oh yeah. i got one of my stands set up off the corner of a cutover and thicket in the woods between to fields. and i got another set up in the woods with a pond and fields about 100yds from the feeder. is this a good setup?

thanks