HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ADVICE PLEASE!!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
mbschlgr

Default RE: ADVICE PLEASE!!

Thanks for your input Paul. As I had said, my biggest concern was the deer catching the scent of a "new" dog so to speak. We all bow hunt too, but if you don't think it will hinder things for more than a day or so, I won't fret about it. I am more wanting my husband to get his deer this year! We have had the property for only 2 years and it seems as if every hunting season there is a new problem in the mix! the First year it was hunters coming in off of state land onto posted land like there was a neon sign blinking ALL ARE WELCOME!!! saying Oh we didn't notice (the signs couldn't be more visible), last year it was a group of kids on their 4 wheelers out joy riding every weekend... this year everything seemed to be going perfect! So I guess it still is!! Me, I enjoy just sitting in my stand and taking it all in,from watching the first hint of daylight glowing over the tree line, to hearing the apples fall,as much as I do being a part of the hunt and killing a deer. It really is amazing isn't it all the sounds in the woods...