HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Two Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 06:10 PM
jci63
Fork Horn

Default Two Questions

Just Two Questions [/align][hr]

I went out hunting last night, got into my stand at around 6:00, I get settled in to see a porkipine in my bait pile. He leaves and around 6:30 I here something coming behind me. I listen and look and finally see a deer emerge, after a closer long I see it'sa buck. He's walking right down the trail I walked in on, thinking he will be gone soon, I tell myself, oh well atleast I seen him. As he gets closer and closer look I soon see it's a large 8 point, he goes under my tree to my left. I draw back and first I see his neck and then he finally steps out. At 10 yards broadside I shoot behind the front shoulder.....SWACK! I see the deer trot about 30 yards and stop, I notice my arrow sticking straight ut of his side, but only sticking in around 3-4".. After about 15 seconds he bolts into the swamp. I tracked this deer for over 800 yards with preatty good bright red blood, until 2:15 a.m., it rains overnight. I get up int the morning and try to pick-up the trail, we look all day until 4:30. Zip.....

Question #1 - I shoot a Browning bow , 70#, I just switched from aluminum arrows and thunderhead 125 broadheads. At 10 yards I would think I would get more petatration with my arrow, with 70#. Is it because I switched to carbide arrows and only 95 grain broadhead?

Question #2 - What is on the market to make blood show up better, I will do whatever it takes to retrive this animal. It's the right thing to do and makes me sick this happened.[/align]