HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Burris or Leupold
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 06:16 AM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Burris or Leupold

I have been shooting burris scopes for several years now and like them very much but I am starting to rethink about them.
Believe it was year before last I bought another one of their 3x9 BP FF-2,well it went south on me sent it back,they said they repaired it sent it back to me did the same thing (wouldn't hold zero) so I sent it back and was told to address it to a certain fellow,After they got it back he said he didn't know how it had gotten out as fixed the first time said they put new parts in it the second time.
2 weeks ago I blew up a 4x14 PB FF-2 on a muzzleloader,sent it back but haven't gotten it back yet But the reason I thought I would add my 2 cents here is that I puechased a new Signature in 3x12 to replace the 4x14 on the muzzleloader because I knew I wouldn't get it back before hunting season.Well I zeroed it in last week but was shooting it yesterday to check the zero again and decided to move it one click to the left,I couldn't believe it this is not a low priced scope and they had a up and down knob on the side adjustment. and a up and down knob on the hight adjustment.
All this tells me that they have a QC problem.
I am going to call them today and see if they will send me the right knob if I can change it myself.As long as I own it there is no big problem but if I decided to sell it would probly have a problem getting top price out of it.