HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - VT Guys, how's the deer situation looking?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
NuEngland

Default RE: VT Guys, how's the deer situation looking?

I have hunted northeastern Vermont twice. The first time (2003) i got a nice 187lb buck. 7points and the best chops I have ever eaten.

last year I saw a small just legal spikehorn 5 minutes into hunting season, let it go. Did not see another buck the whole week after.

I was up there earlier this year and saw alot of signs of bucks on the snowmobile trails. best of luck to you. I am just going to birdhunt this year in VT.

This year I am going to go to Alabama for deer, the limit is 2 a day and they are pretty plentiful. My brother and I are going for a week and could legally shoot like 14 each. That is not my kind of hunting though, that is more like a harvest. I figure a few does and a 8+ point buck if I see one and I will be fine. any ideas on transporting the meat would be appreciated. We are going first week of january. 18 hour drive from taxachusetts.

( It is not a canned hunt or anything, a friends got a camp and the deer are like rats over there)