HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - arrow fletching so many questions?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default arrow fletching so many questions?

i havent fletched an arrow in a while so i pulled out my old martin 3 fletch plastic jig. i now know why i have been putting off re- fletching again.the glue i bought was fletchtite platinum. i had some old bohning green flourescent 4" vanes and the glue ate and melted the plastic [:@] the instructions on the glue said it was compatible with all bohning products then i tried some other white and solid green color vanes and although it glued them to my pse carbon 200 arrows it didnt secure them all that well so i broke out the crazy glue gel and it worked great but leaves white crud marks. i scraped sanded down and wiped the old shafts down and wiped down with brake cleaner to make sure i had clean shafts. what is the best glue that sets up fast? also what is the differences in helical degrees. my martin jig allows for right helical im guessing 5 degrees and if i flip the clamps over i can straight fletch them. is it an accuracy issue at longer ranges if i dont put a helical on them? im sure my whisker biscuit would love the straight fletch better. also im a right handed shooter what if i fletched them with a left helical. is there a definative wrong or right.