HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another State Land Post...
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: Another State Land Post...

I avoid it at all costs during the PA firearms season. I don't like bullets flying over my head, confrontations with other hunters, people sitting in front of you etc.... PA hasgot to be the worstfor dealing with idiots onpublic land for gun season. You will get shot if you don't watch where you go. But bow season, yes, I've done some damage to the herd; trick is, do some legwork and try to find a little spot where nobody else is going. Some of my favorite little rut spots are on game lands, mostly because the "casual hunters" quit when it gets cold in november, and I can pick my spots anytime. Some of these little spots are only 30 yards from the public road, but nobody hunts them. Seems they all travel waay back to get away from the crowd. It takes some creativity, and sometimes reverse thinkingto bag bucks on public land. Some guys will park the truck and walk right through a hot rub or scrape line on their way to the deep wildnerness..........while every buck I've taken on public land in the past5 years have been less than 200 yard drags back to the truck.