HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa deer count day 1
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Kyle3
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa deer count day 1

Sorry to post this soo late. But I scored on Saturday evening around 6:20. I shot a nice fat 5 pointer. I know it wasn't a trophy to some guys but he was to me. I don't seem to have all the aces in archery season so I was happy. It all happened soo fast, I got into my stand around 3:30 on Saturday evening.Then around 4:30 outa nowhere steps a nice eight pointer at 10 yards. I never heard him and there I was sitting in my climber and he staring up at me. In what seems like an eternity hoping he would put his head down and eat or look away so I could draw, he stops his front hoofs at me and instantly I Knew I was busted. Then after what seemed like minutes he calmly walks back into the brush. The area I was hunting was extremely thick and my longest possible shot might have been 25 yards. So I sat there kicking myself over and over in my stand. Then around 6:15 I see a tree shake about 30 yards from me. And I knew it was the tell tale sign of a buck raking it over. This really got my heart pumping and then a few minutes later my buck walks down the same trail but this time I was ready for him standing at full draw. He got into the clearing at about 8-10 yards after making sure there were brown tiines I whistled lightly to get him to stop and the rest is a whirlwind. He piled up about 40 yards from whereI shot him.Iwill try and post pictures but I have to wait for the film to be developed, unfortunatly my digital cameraI left at work. Hewould have been a typical six pointer but his right brow tine was brokenoff. Other thenthat my deer count was Saturday morning 6 does, and a spike buck, and then Saturday night 4 doe,an eightpointer and the buck I shot.