HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mom's funeral
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
gibblet

Default mom's funeral

i didn't know where to post this. i posted on AT because i'm only known over there for making strings and am not so attached to it as i am to some of you who have become friends here on this site.

mom took a turn for the worse about 5 weeks ago when the cancer jumped to her brain after an 8 year fight. she had a seizure at work. that's how they found out. within a week 1 or more of the brain tumors started bleeding and she was hospitalized. i immediately packed up and went to charlotte, nc to be with her. stayed until the end, last sunday at 2:30 pm. it was a peaceful passing, thank goodness. she opened her eyes and connected with all of us - first time in days, shed 2 tears, closed her eyes and passed in about 20 seconds. you could see the rapid eye movement starting and i knew she was having 'That' experience of passing right in front of me while i held her hand. it was a very sweet moment, very sweet, and i'm so grateful i have that memory.
BUT, i'm having a hard time getting my sh!* together. bad dreams, tired all the time, no motivation, i guess they call it depression. i got to go hunting yesterday, and that was nice, but i could use a little experience with how long i'm going to be feeling useless, drugged (i'm not), and just empty. john