HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Clarification please.
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 04:11 PM
tsoc
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clarification please.

I don't disagree at all.You have to do what makes you happy and what the law allows.Obviously this is or can be a some what complicated topic.There are so many different variations or possibilities.There is land I hunt every year for sentimental reasons,knowing fully well that if I see a big buck it is a fluke situation.Having said that I don't hunt it much.I prefer to find area's that afford me a greater liklihood of seeing big bucks.All of my hunting is on public non managed land.
Who can begrudge the young or new hunter any deer that they choose to take.Or the person that has very limited time to hunt (while personally I wish they would choose to shoot a doe versus a young buck)that is their decision to make.
It will be interesting this season,in the two primary area's I hunt in New York State (my home state)there are antler restrictions for the first time ever.A buck has to have three points on at least one side to be legal to kill.There is an exception made for young hunters.I personally am in favor of it.It will be interesting to see what the hunters who are not in favor of it feel after one or two years when they are seeing some oh my god bucks running around.I will not believe differently that most if not all hunters dream of killing big bucks.The deer management tags have been reduced this year and the antler restrictions have been implemented.I lok forward to seeing how the hunters feel about it as time goes on.