HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stalked Buck
Thread: Stalked Buck
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 08:19 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default Stalked Buck

Quick question for soem of the pros out there and im sure there are some here.

Lastnight I was sitting in my stand bow huntingwatching 4 does in the field for a little over an hour when they went back in the woods, 10 minutes later, the buck that I have been watching all summer came out of the woods north of me. I grunted at him twice and all he did was look my way and teased me. He walked into a small patch of pines. I knew what he was going to do. So i pulled out of my stand in the southern part of the map below in the corner and walked across the field towards the corn and walked between the corn and woods slowly. (Bucks route in yellow, my route in pink). When I got the spot i figured he was comming out at, I stopped just out of bow range and sure as heck he came out. Notice his route. Im guess by where he walked out at he had to have gone right past my deer blind. [:@]. The buck has been traveling the that road to the north frequently but its not really setup for stands. The area i circled is where I believe he is bedding through out the day. Well anyway, i met the buck at about 40 yards and wasnt going to attempt the shot, I was at full draw. When I let down, he jumped and headed north and then back to west into the woods. Do you think I may have pushed him out of the area. This is the first confrontation we have had since this summer. I have a pic of the buck as well. As you can tell hes very high on one side hes got4 points on the full side and a split brow tine on the otherside. What i was thinking abotu doing is setting up my climber just off the northern access road just insde the woods off the road about 15 yards and see if he will still come through there. Or I was thinking of sitting in my blind and seeing if he will come back through there as well, not sure what my plan should be now. What do you think?