HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - American pioneer powder
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Hunter John

Default RE: American pioneer powder

Sodaman - Congrats on your new purchase. Not provide any contradictory information since I know how frustrating it can be to have different people telling you different things [:@], but I wanted to share my experiences with the Harvester sabots since I own an Encore too.

The sum up my feelings on the Harvester sabots: I think they're god aweful...at least out of my gun. I've tried multiple sized projectiles at loads ranging from 70gr APP to 110gr APP and in all instances, the groups were absolutely horrible. I recall one group that was about 12 inches shot at only 50 yards. Interestingly, I had much better luck with Knight and Hornady sabots as I am able to hit a playing card consistently at ranges up to about 85 yards or so. Also, my buddy has an Encore as well and had identical experiences as mine with the Harvester sabots. Can't hit squat !!

Again, no disrespect to anyone here, but I would suggest you purchase several different makes of sabots and projectiles (sounds like you have the projectile thing covered), shoot only a couple of combinations on each trip to the range, swab beteen shots, keep all your paper targets after clearly marking what load was shot into the target, and you will discover what combination your Encore likes to eat.

Who knows, maybe your Encore will like a steady diet of Harvester sabots. Mine spits 'em all over the place [>:].

Keep us posted on your findings.