HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - License problems in NY- NY Outdoor News.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Phade
Typical Buck

Default RE: License problems in NY- NY Outdoor News.

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

But I also disagree in a way, because I feel hunters should be responsible to know what they are applying for, no less than hunters being responsible to know the game laws. The gentleman mentioned that applied for his 2nd choice in a area that was closed. Well under the circumstances its his own fault for not doing his homework before hand. He should've taken the time to find out which WMU's were open. Especially enlight of the DMP cutbacks.
Trust me it's not only him. It is believed to have affected over 1,000 hunters at the minimum. The flaw has been in the system from the get go, not just this year. Most of the hunters who have been affected are a result of the info packets not getting mailed to the houses or site updatebefore licenses were purchased. Mailings to the stores themselves were not available for almost the first week of sales.Still, the flaw in DECALS is a major blow to what the state claims it is.

Add to that, the DEC made no effort whatsoever to publicize the flaw. You'd think they'd be proactive about this, knowing the probelm since DECALS was created.