HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would like some input on shotguns
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Gundigest
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would like some input on shotguns

I own a Nova and an SBE II with comfortech. Both are very good guns. I used the Nova for waterfowl for 3 years now and it is a very tough water resistant gun and I have not had a single problem with it. This year the week before early goose season I broke down an bought an SBE II with comfortech. This gun is awesome. It kicks about as much as a 20ga. I am going to get a slug barrel for it because it does such a good job at reducing recoil. As for the 3.5" chamber it i the most versital shot gun you can get I would not buy another 3" chamber 12ga. I only use 3.5" for geese anymore and I can still use 2 3/4" for rabit and 3" for diver ducks. Even the SBE II will kick out light 2 3/4" clay pigeon loads just fine. The SBE II has recesed extended choke tubs now. I am very happy with both of my Benelli shotguns. If you get the Nova take an allen wrench and tighten down the screws on the forend and 90% of the rattle will go away.

I also have a Browning BPS 20ga, I like the design with bottom ejection and tang safety but for waterfowl it is hard to beat the Nova for ruggedness and features. I deffinitly like the Benelli's and the BPS better than the 870.