HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The HUN has arrived...
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default The HUN has arrived...

My new Chek-Mate Atilla arrived today at work.

Overall, fairly impressive as far as build quality goes. String nocks are cut pretty well (could be a bit smoother though), fadeouts are not too abrupt, and the overlays and fiberglass finish is nice.Overall, not striking to look atbut pretty in a plain jane sort of way. However, this bow retails for less than 3 bills. You won't find any production bow looking this nice at this price.

The gripis kinda big.Don't think I'll have much issue with it, but if you havesmall hands it probably would not be a good bow to get. Don't know if Check-Mate will cut a custom grip for a customer, but if they do, my next check-mate will certainly have to have a smaller grip throat. We'll see after I start shooting if I can get used to it.

Unfortunately she coulda been packed a bit better and got a pretty good ding on the grip area during shipping (box was a little mangled). Honestly, It's not a big deal because I'll be putting a leather grip on it, and the dingarea will be covered up, and I'm not gonna go through the hassle of fightin it out with the USPS. Of course this isn't the bows fault....just talkin out loud

46@ 28, Zebrawood riser, and black locust limbs. By the end of the week I should have some arrows fletched up, and ready to hit the bowshop and start shooting it (got all my other fletching stuff today, and my arrows on Saturday)

I'll throw some pics up tonite.