HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Goodguy

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

TerryM
Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been in the original post but the photos of the bowman & the 2 young lads are those of my son and grandsons. I posted the pics and my son's account of the hunt on his behalf.

The bear was arrowed in Unit 49 about 20 km. S.E. of Huntsville on our 450 acre hunting property ( www.huntsvilledeer.funtigo.com ). And you're correct these pictures are not staged which would have been very easy to do - like the fisherman with the big fish - we've all seen them. Iwould admire anyone who could actually look at a photo of a bear and determine its weight from the photo. Good luck on your future hunts.

BearGuy
In reply to your quotes:
"As posted on the Big Game Huntin Fourm, I just don't believe that your bear, which is a very nice bear...good sized head, has the body and the fat of a 525# bear. Sorry, just my observation." and "Yes these pictues are staged, as yours is"

The bear weighed 525 lbs. This can be verified by anyone of the three proprieters of Buck Lake Outfittershttp://www.bucklakeoutfitters.com
[ul][*]Pete Allen: 1-(705)-685-1336[*]Ron Stinson: 1-(705)-685-7324[*]Gary Stinson: 1-(705)-685-7018[/ul]

or anyone of half a dozen American hunters who were present when the bear was weighed. I would certainly agree with you that your bear pics are staged but not sure why you'd say my son's were. But I'll tell you what. I'll make you a friendly wager - your pick from my gun cabinet against my pick from your gun cabinet - that the bear weighed 525 lbs. as stated (or within a couple of lbs either way for scale error). Verification can be made by the outfitters I named above, the U.S. witnesses present when weighed, the weight of the butchered meat, the size of the rug when tanned and the skull measurements. So how about it? How strongly do you believe my son's bear won't make it past 350 lbs. as you stated in the "Big Game Forum"

I've added another pic here which might help you decide on whether or not to accept my wager. The bear on the extreme right is the one my grandson is helping to skin in the other photo which weighed just over 200 lb. The one on the extreme left and closest to the camera was around 350 lbs. The one in the middle is my son's 525 pounder. By the way your 350 pounders are pretty nice bears also. gg.