HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting watering holes.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:43 AM
by23856

Default RE: Hunting watering holes.

Iron Archer, you had better be careful posting here about hunting near a water hole. You're likely to be told it 'too easy', non sporting, unethical, cheating and any other number of negative things.

Afterall, you are only hunting there because you know a thirsty buck may come by eventually.

What you need to do, to meet the approval ofmany on this board, is to crawl to the water hole bare naked with a knife clinched between your teeth (if you can find thorn bushes to crawl through along the way, that would be all the better), then submerge yourself in the puddle and hold your breath until that buck takes a drink. Then you can grab him by theantlers (and they had better be 140" or better)andstab him repeatedly as he drags your arse across two counties.

Seriously, though, I wish I had such a set-up. Good Luck and I hopeI see a picture of you and a nice deer beside that waterhole soon.

PS. I won't even mention that I had actually once thought about creating a water hole on my property so that the deer wouldn't have to leave it to get a drink.(I had better check my flame retardant suit...)