Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting watering holes. >

Hunting watering holes.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting watering holes.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:38 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting watering holes.

Iron Archer you got your self an all day honey hole, stick with it, but find a good way in and out.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: by23856

Iron Archer, you had better be careful posting here about hunting near a water hole. You're likely to be told it 'too easy', non sporting, unethical, cheating and any other number of negative things.

Afterall, you are only hunting there because you know a thirsty buck may come by eventually.

What you need to do, to meet the approval ofmany on this board, is to crawl to the water hole bare naked with a knife clinched between your teeth (if you can find thorn bushes to crawl through along the way, that would be all the better), then submerge yourself in the puddle and hold your breath until that buck takes a drink. Then you can grab him by theantlers (and they had better be 140" or better)andstab him repeatedly as he drags your arse across two counties.

Seriously, though, I wish I had such a set-up. Good Luck and I hopeI see a picture of you and a nice deer beside that waterhole soon.

PS. I won't even mention that I had actually once thought about creating a water hole on my property so that the deer wouldn't have to leave it to get a drink.(I had better check my flame retardant suit...)
Gotcha, Ive already got my camo breathing straw ready so I can pop up out of the water like rambo!

I have also planned out out my travel route so I don't spook any deer.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt a watering hole on our proprty in WV. I set up about 25 yards from the hole over the main trail running in. During peak rut I always catch a thirsting buck stopping for a drink. Always a good set up.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

There's a nice little pond in the middle of the stuff I hunt, but there's also a river so they don't seem to use the hole as much as I would like.