HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buscuits and Fletchings???????
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Arrroman

Default RE: Buscuits and Fletchings???????

ORIGINAL: Kentster911

I have no idea how to tune my bow. I am new to this, just got the bow in July and am bowhunting for the first time. Took it to the bow-shop and had the buscuit installed. I am shooting pretty good groups, havent missed the target yet (knock on wood). I am shooting about 3 inches to the left (consistently) and I believed that this is a sight adjustment issue (anyone have advice on adjusting Trophy Ridge that is 3 inches right? I dont want to overadjust and miss the target). I am shooting from 20 -30 yards in my backyard. I did see fletching marks on the buscuit base. I am really confused now as I have had many different responses. Should I just take it back to the shop and have it checked out? I have also used my Muzzy practive broadhead and it is hitting the same as my fieldpoints.

KB
Tuning is not all that hard to understand.

If the bow is set at an even tiller that means that both limbs bend the same and that both limbs will exert the same amount of energy on the bowstring.

If one limb is bent more than the other it will have more power and the bowstring will be moving faster in that direction and it will pull the nock of the arrow in the same direction of the limb with the added tiller.

When the bows limbs are balanced evenly (set at an even tiller) the bowstring is generally just moving forward and the arrow can be nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring and leave the bow in a level fashion.

The correct windage setting for the rest should be determined by shooting at a vetical line at 10-20-30-40yards. If the arrows are correctly spined for the bow they will hit the same vertical line at all distances.

Incorrect spine arrows may still be consistent at 15-20yards but because they shoot so far to the left for a right-handed shooter the front sight on a mismatched setup is usually way off to the left as well.

Well Kenster911 I gave you a few concepts to work with. I hope you can put them to good use.

Good luck tuning!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>