HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buscuits and Fletchings???????
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
atlasman

Default RE: Buscuits and Fletchings???????

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

One of the most important points of tuning your setup is interference with fletching and the rest. The biscuit interferes with fletching on all sides.
It doesn't interfere.........the bristles do not effect the arrow flight and I have seen slow motion photos of the vanes already coming out the front side of the WB and the arrow hasn't left the string yet. The only interference you will see from a WB is if your vanes are striking the outer support ring due to improper setup............just like any other rest. If a drop away or prong rest is not setup properly you will still get contact and less then optimal accuracy.

How can you tune a bow when you have interference and the additional drag and expect consistent shots time after time?
You are giving those bristles WAY too much credit...........they aren't made out of steel man

I get consistent shots out to 40 yards and perfect arrow flight..........with field tips and 4 blade fixed heads hitting the same.

It really is a simple and just plain great rest.........I really can't imagine why anyone would not use it for hunting. I set my bow on my stands front rail with an arrow nocked and ready to shoot.........when the time comes all you have to do is grab your bow and make the shot.........no worries of the arrow falling off the rest, no worries about having to hold your bow a certain way, no worries about noise when you draw or shoot, and definately no worries about accuracy...........and if you like to stalk then it is even better.

The only way my WB damages vanes is if I do something dumb like shoot at the same spot with 2 arrows