HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - slick trick, fact or fiction
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Oldhootowl

Default RE: slick trick, fact or fiction

Hi, This is Gary from Slick Trick. Don't know if I am hardcore, but I will chime in here. I received an email and responded as I always do, that I would either replace or refund. Best I can do. I check blades by running them against the hair on my arm, and consistently get hair. They have a strong bevel and will not dull going in ona rib like some heads that shave very well but have thin edges. They are also high carbon stainless steel, which will resharpen well unlike some others, and Tricks are made 100% in the USA. Early blades were made overseas like most others and would not consistently shave so I changed to these US blades. When I say early, Tricks were shown at the 2000 AMO show and were sold on the internet site in 2001. Just haven't had the dough toadvertise and manufacture to keep up with demand. That will change next year as all the dealers will have them. All the heads that the magazines are calling "super short" heads now, Ultimate Steel, Nitron, Boss Bullet, Turbo, Sonic, Wacem, and what allcame out after seeing what Tricks were doing. Tricks outfly and outpenetrate, cutfor cut,the old 3:1long heads. No brag, just fact. While I have not gotten around to put it up on the site yet, I now have 1" STANDARD heads and blades to go along with the 1 1/8" MAGNUM heads. The blades are interchangeable in either the 100s or 125s. The 1" 4 blade heads are termed STANDARD because they blow the same size hole as the 3 blade fixed heads that guys are used to such as Thunderheads and all the rest. The 1 1/8" MAGNUMS blow bigger holes, a guy from Alaska recently posted on a forum that his friend killed a Caribou and they measured a 2" hole all the way through. I advertise what I do because that is what guys tell me they do. Check out 5 shots tests at broadheadtests.com and compare, cut for cut Tricks with other heads. Real world hunting mirrors his tests. For instance, most dealers test on hogs where they are available, and dealers in MI tell me they get passthroughs on 500 lb Russian boars shooting through both plates with the 100 Magnums. Funniest story I have heard is a dealer in Louisiana named Pookie who runs Pookies Archery. He tested on hogs, and said he got a passthrough going through both plates of a 400 lb hog. Seems there was a piece of plywood on the other side of the hog and the 100 Magnum penetrated that too. The icing on the cake was the arrow ended up in his new Nissan truck. I believe he was shooting an AR31 at 66 lbs with a 26 or 27" draw. My Africa distributor, when I told him I now had Standards available, passed, saying he wanted to continue toorder Magnums, saying they had all the penetration they needed andliked the big holes. Guys routinely email me and tell me Tricks do what I advertise. My policy is, if you get heads and are not pleased, I refuse to accept your money unless you are, and replace or refund. I recall refunding two orders this year. Shipping thousands of heads, I cannot guarantee that a few, for some strange reason, will notbe less sharp than the others. All I can do is make itright one way or another. I recall a dealer posting once that he had received a case of Thunderheads that were dull as a bowling ball. Hard to believe, but maybe so. Doesn't make Thunderheads bad heads if they were, just stuff happens in a human world, nothing is perfect. As far as 85s measuring 3/4", frankly I would have to see it to believe it. Not with American rulers, I don't believe, but in my email I apologized for not pleasing the customer no matterwhat. As I said in my email, please return for replacement or refund, as 3/4" heads are illegal. I think I will amend that to say send 5 shot the blades and we will let him measure them. I will replace or refund what you spent on them plus the price of your shipping to 5 shot. Email me back and let me know what to do, THANKS GARY