HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 08:46 AM
Crowpecker
Spike

Default RE: I want to become a hunting guide, what must I do?

Ahh, BJ, that's what I wanted to hear. The real truth. I knew ya had it in ya! LOL.. I didn't mean to blast you or any other guide. I can only imagine how hard it is to try and please some of those people with out of whack expectations. I couldn't do it. For one thing, I'm not really a people person. I get along fine with most, but have a real hard time dealing with idiots. God bless you all for being able to put up with a lot of stuff. I just thought that maybe, if these prospective clients were told that their chances were slim of taking a record class animal but the possibility exists, then maybe they'd come with a little more realistic dreams AND have FUN at the same time. Even if it does mean you go home empty. Not all of the people booking these hunts are rich. I have friends that dream of it like I do and probably never will be able to afford it. I have other friends that have taken second mortgages or other loans and/or saved for years to be able to go. Maybe some day for me. That's what keeps me going.
Thanks for the reply.